Document, affirm, and advocate to policymakers, energy stakeholders, and information multipliers the fact that America’s working lands can provide 25 percent of the nation’s energy needs from renewable sources while simultaneously:
- keeping the cost of energy affordable;
- boosting the economy and creating millions of new jobs;
- producing abundant and affordable food, feed, and fiber;
- strengthening national security and reducing dependence of imported fossil fuel;
- sustaining and enhancing soil, water and air quality, and wildlife habitat; and
- sequestering carbon and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.